Accessibility statement for Independence Matters
This accessibility statement applies to independencematters.org.uk.
This website is run by Independence Matters. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot navigate the map on our Locations page using a keyboard or screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 0300 790 0508
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us on 0300 790 0508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Independence Matters is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some PDF documents have content with no alternative text (images) and text does not have a language specification assigned (WCAG 1.1.1 & 3.1.1)
We plan to fix this by the end of April 2021
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
This section covers issues that we do not need to fix right now. The law calls these exemptions.
- Map icons to full screen, zoom out and zoom in do not have alternative text. Map does not give enough text as to the location and is not accessible by general design. However, a suitable map alternative is provided so this is classed as an exemption.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18th March 2021. It was last reviewed on 24th March 2021.
This website was last tested on 24th March 2021. The test was carried out by Bigfork Limited.
The website is created using defined templates and blocks, for manual tests we chose a selection of pages that covered all of these variations. Automated tests were applied to the whole website.